Mar 1, 2010

Here Again...


The only one who has answered the question I told you has been teacher Truco. I won't say how disappointed I am for having just one answer...but that's life.

I haven't found any band, nowadays which completely fits with what I expect a band to be. I like some people who, I do think that sing very well, but music isn't what it used to be. They don't transmit the feelings that older songs do. Now we have just pop or...pop? Every song is about the same, the same feelings, the same types of people, you cannot choose. Rock, how it used to be, does not exist right now, neither the blues nor rock'n'roll. And if you don't like this pop, the logical thing for you is to listen to punk. The people who rocks, listen to SUM 41, Blink 182 (doesn't exist anymore), Linkin Park... Ok, they're not that bad. But they're not like I don't know mmm Lynyrd Skynyrd (they are awesome), The Scorpions, Led Zeppelin (no words to describe it), Queen (just love it), Guns'n'roses (when Slash and Izzy were in it), Pink Floyd (you have to have a special way of feeling music but I love them), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dire Straits, Europe, Extreme, The Eagles, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, Eric Clapton, Joe Satriani, Iron Maiden, Mago de Oz, Gary Moore, Ray Charles, The Rolling Stones, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson... I'm not going to continue because I'll be here writing until tomorrow and you'll be here reading until new year (those of you who will read it).
But the thing is, where is the new generation of guitarists, singers, drummers, bassists, who are going to continue the work? I don't see in my music classes people who know about Freddie Mercury or Robert Plant(he's not dead!). I don't see guitarists who know about Joe Satriani or Steve Vai (they're not dead!). Maybe I'm strange, but I hope not! We cannot lose the work that this people did. If everybody listened to Joe Satriani (for example), the world would be a better place. And I'm sure about it. I'll try to put some of my favourite songs of each and everyone of the groups I've mentioned but I don't know if I'll be able to do it...if not, I accept getting help from you.

I'd like you to leave some comments please, I think it's a good subject for debating and I want to hear you opinions, I might be wrong!
PLEASE COMMENT!

See you!












1 comment:

  1. Sorry for writing so late!! But I've been busy for a while (you know, exams, corrections, etc.)
    Well Sofia I think you've listened to lots of music for someone as young as you. When I was 15, I started with The Beatles, some Rolling Stones, and some commercial music on the radio. But you've heard of all these bands and singers...
    I'm not a big fan of some of the bands you've mentioned. OK Led Zeppelin are a must, Pink Floyd and Queen are history too, but Europe and Extreme, well I don't know:)
    You know I'm more keen on British bands, especially from the 80s and 90s: The Stone Roses, Del Amitri, The Las, Joy Division and New Order, Happy Mondays and The Smiths (my favourite band)
    Well what do you think? Would you like to hear some of their music?

    ReplyDelete