Feb 21, 2010

BLUES

Blues is one of my favourite music styles. I think it's a very beautiful and emotive way of playing music.

Its name comes from the expression of "having the blues", which means "to be sad or depressed". This music genre was created by the Afro-american communities in the United States.

It is characterized by the use of the blue note and specific chord progressions.
We'll talk about some of the most important bluesmen.



ERIC CLAPTON

He is one of the best guitarists in the world, he is also a singer and a compositor. He first was in a band called The Yardbirds, later with John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers... and lots of other bands he formed or he joined in. Finally he started his solo career where he's had success.



Most important songs:


  • Layla

  • Tears In Heaven

  • Wonderful Tonight

  • Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out

  • Running On Faith

  • Cocaine

  • Change The World

  • Old Love

  • Lonely Stranger

  • Lay Down Sally

GARY MOORE

He's a very well-known guitarist and a singer too. He has played with Thin Lizzy, B.B.King, Skid Row, etc. He has some very good songs which have become classics when playing blues guitar.

Some songs:

  • Still Got The Blues
  • I Can't Wait Until Tomorrow
  • Too Tired
  • Midnight Blues
  • Always Gonna Love You
  • Texas Blues
  • Long Grey Mare
  • All Your Love

2 comments:

  1. HI Sofia it's a very nice blog!!!!
    And I love The Rolling Stones!!!
    I'm the first follower of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not much of a blues lover myself but I must say that Eric Clapton's concert in Barcelona some years ago was one the best concerts I've ever been to. I'm the second follower of your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete